Building energy requirements have become seriously upgraded and implemented all over the world. Australia is no exception. Exterior wall insulation STYROFOAM supplied by Austech Qld comes in different thicknesses from 25mm to 100mm. Each piece has high and long-lasting R-values they also have a high resistance to moisture and water absorption. Exterior wall insulation with Styrofoam is regarded as the perfect thermal insulation material with balanced mechanical strengths.
Benefits of External Wall Insulation:
- Insulation acts as a barrier to heat flow and is essential for keeping your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- A well-insulated and well-designed home provides year-round comfort, cutting cooling and heating bills by up to half. This, in turn, reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Superior noise reduction means a more quiet, comfortable interior space.
- External walls should be insulated to reduce radiant, conducted and converted heat transfer.
Exterior wall insulation can be installed:
- within cavities
- within stud frames
- on the outside of stud frames
- Inside or outside of solid walls.
If you are renovating than a good time to insulate walls is during re-cladding or re-plastering. External Wall insulation provides a good substrate for any finishing jobs such as plastering and rendering. Walls are the hardest to insulate after construction, as the internal or external lining must be removed prior to the installation.
Single skin high mass walls such as concrete block and mud brick can have their thermal performance significantly improved by installing insulation on the wall exterior. The simplest method is to use Styrofoam boards with an external render.
Concrete with exterior wall insulation is relatively inexpensive and is one of the most durable and flexible construction materials available so you can keep your house construction well within budget whilst also offering superior performance to the elements of nature such as rodents, insects, fire, hail, high winds and heavy rain. In fact, these homes can be expected to stand for many decades with no structural degradation.